Poet Assistant (English) APK
APK Version History
About Radio FM 90s
A set of offline tools to help with writing poems (currently only English is supported):
* a rhyming dictionary, using the Carnegie Mellon University pronunciation dictionary.
* a thesaurus, using the WordNet thesaurus.
* a dictionary, using the WordNet dictionary.
* a screen where you can enter your poem text, have it read aloud back to you by the device's text-to-speech engine, and see the word/character count.
The dictionaries are built in the app. No internet connection is required to use them.
This app is open source: https://github.com/caarmen/poet-assistant
* Since 1.5.0, the app has the "run at startup" permission for the "Word of the day" feature. If you enable this feature in the settings, when the device reboots, the app makes sure the "word of the day" notification is still scheduled.
Looking for other languages?
This app only contains dictionary data for English. If you are looking for other languages, please contact the developer.
Note: This is the original Poet Assistant app. It is completely free, truly offline (no internet permission), no ads, and no in-app purchases.
What's New in this version
1.30.0: Maintenance release
1.29.2: Improved stability
1.29.1: Fix auto-backup: now settings, search history, and favorites are backed up.
1.29.0: Improve audio export: directly show the share prompt (instead of the notification) if the app is still open, when the audio file is ready.
1.28.0: Maintenance and bug fixes: Fixed issue with dark theme on certain devices. Renamed the "reader" tab to "composer" (no change in functionality).
1.27.1: Fixed spacing in the settings screen.