US Lighthouses APK
APK Version History
About Radio FM 90s
With significant coastline on the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, and the Great Lakes, the United States of America has hundreds of lighthouses that have faithfully served mariners through the years. Using photographs, information, and insights gathered while visiting the country’s 800+ lighthouses, Kraig Anderson has developed LighthouseFriends.com to help others learn about lighthouses and plan their own visits to these historic structures. This app is tailored to present this content on your mobile device with the following useful features:
• Have historical information READ OUT LOUD while you drive to a lighthouse
• View MAPS showing the location of lighthouses in each state
• Transfer GPS coordinates to a navigation app to get DIRECTIONS to a lighthouse
• RECORD the date of your visit to each lighthouse along with any personal notes
• TRACK the number of lighthouses you’ve visited by state
• BACKUP your data on Google Drive and SYNC across your devices
• FILTER the lighthouses to show only those that interest you
• List and map lighthouses NEAREST to you
• DISCOVERY MODE: get automatically notified of nearby lighthouses as you wander around.
• SEARCH lighthouses by name within the app or from your home screen using "OK Google, search for ... in US Lighthouses". Example: "OK Google, search for lightship in US Lighthouses"
Intuitive icons are shown for each lighthouse to quickly help you determine if, among other things, a lighthouse is easily accessible, open for climbing, offers overnight accommodations, has appeared in a movie, and if it is reportedly haunted.
A picture and the history of each lighthouse are available without a data connection, but a data connection is needed to view maps and the full gallery of images.
A few lighthouses not built by the federal government, like those on Grand Lake St. Marys in Ohio, are included in the app, but they are not the focus of the app and should be viewed as bonuses. Coverage of lighthouses in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory, is also included.
What's New in this version