ARC Browser 1.18 APK
APK Version History
About Radio FM 90s
ARC Browser is a rom collection browser and emulator frontend that maintains a database of all your games, presented in a user friendly way, and let's you play them using your favorite emulators. Suitable for both phones and tablets (provided you have a gamepad) and of course Android TV!
REGARDING SCRAPING: Currently TheGamesDB is used as the default database for scraping. They do occasionally have issues with their servers though, in which case scraping might fail. To get around this, you can try changing the "Scraper database" setting to "Arcturus (TheGamesDB cache)". It's a per-system setting, so you have to change it for every system you want to scrape.
* A searchable database of all your games, indexed by systems and categories
* Automatically scrape data about your games and download boxart and background images
* Support for native Android games aswell
* Roms with the same filename (excluding text in parenthesis or brackets) are automatically grouped and presented as a single game. When you press Play you can choose which version to load. Useful not only when you have different versions of a game, but also for multi-disc games
* More than 90 configuration templates for different emulators
* Can be used as default launcher
* Boxart, background images and game names in the Play Store screenshots have been blurred or removed to avoid copyright infringement
* This application does not include any emulators or games
* Many good emulators are not currently listed in the Android TV Play Store, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't work on Android TV. You should read up on sideloading
* Gamepad required
* Artwork and metadata scraping from online databases requires the availability of third-party services. If you're having issues, please check server status first. The developer of this app is not responsible for the availability of such services
Your roms should be named as close as possible to the original game name. There are however multiple settings that you can use to fine-tune the scraping process. For example, converting ", The" in a filename to "The " and ignoring text withing parenthesis and brackets. If no match is found, it will also try replacing any instance of " - " in the filename with ": " automatically.
BOX ART, BACKGROUNDS, THEMING AND MORE
All of the images in ARC Browser, including but not limited to box art and background, can be customized. For example, if you don't like the automatically scraped box art, you can use your own. You can also further change the look and feel of the app with themes. More information about this is available here:
HAVING ISSUES? GOT IDEAS FOR NEW FEATURES?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com!
If you're having problems, please send an e-mail before writing a review. Many issues can be quickly resolved that way.
MORE INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Be sure to check out nvidiashieldzone.com for tutorials, image packs and more!
"Official" thread at the GeForce forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/874247
What's New in this version
Themes can now have background music
*Alternative trigger button detection method
*Hide Artwork row in Game Details
*Don't show game-specific backgrounds in Game Details
*Background download modes: One fanart and the rest screenshots, or the other way around
New templates: RetroArch Snes9x2002/2005/2010 and PX68k, Retro8, Yaba Sanshiro, Magic DosBox (complicated, please read the instructions)
Arcturus (TGDB cache) is now default scraper